JA - Forming Info
In addition to the desired effect, namely the melting of the material, the welding heat but can also have undesirable effects. One is the tarnish formation when stainless steel (stainless steel). Tarnish is an oxidation product and insert the corrosion resistance of stainless steel considerably reduced.
For the stainless steel retains its properties after welding, it must be protected from oxidation during welding. Weld seam side this is done by the welding protective gas, additional measures are needed on the root page. If the person responsible for the oxidation of atmospheric oxygen displaced by another inert gas, it is called "Forming".
For "Forming" various gases and gas mixtures can be used. The gas selection here is mainly dependent on the material to be protected, but also according to other criteria.
Normally used are following gases:Argon, universally applicable for all materials-fusion
Argon-hydrogen mixtures, for austenitic stainless steels
Nitrogen stainless steels and duplex steels for austenitic
Forming gases (nitrogen-hydrogen mixture) for austenitic stainless steels
The addition of hydrogen caused due to its strongly reducing effect improved protection against oxidation, even under unfavorable conditions. However, hydrogen-containing gases can be not used for all materials.
To ensure the welding quality in pipeline, containers, plant and steel structures.
For protective gas shielded our systems have proven themselves in practice a thousand times.
All benefits at a glance:
• for all welding joints forms
• for all welding processes
• for all materials
• For all pipes from 9 mm ID, large pipes and vessels
• Special devices according to customer requirements
• High temperature resistant
• the protective gas consumption is significantly reduced by two factors
1) The effective rinsing chambers designed to reduce the volume to be fed to a minimum
2) The flushing times can be shortened to 1-3 minutes
• some protective gas systems can be even after the completion of the weld
dismantle and remove through the smallest openings
• the compact system further comprises a measuring possibility to the residual oxygen determination
and monitoring via oxygen monitor. Extensive documentation possibilities via
Interface and Software on a PC
• workshop and assembly fit